American Councils for International Education is looking for experienced Item Writer/Editor to work on a federally funded test-item development project for the Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center. The Item Writer/Editor will write multiple choice questions based on an English-language translation in addition to reviewing and revising items throughout the development window. All work will be done remotely through an online item development interface.
Assessment items will be either listening or reading items targeting various levels of proficiency on the ILR scale. Consultants will be provided with training on item development and the item specifications as well as the item-development interface and procedure.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate and complete required training provided by client on security protocol
- Participate in item writing training (web-based) prior to start of project
- Collaborate with American Councils in-house test development team to ensure all items align with content and rigor per guidelines
- Be responsive to and apply feedback shared by American Councils team members
- Communicate clear and concise recommended revisions with rationale
- Review content for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and/or style and format specifications consistent with editorial guidelines
- Plan work accordingly to established priorities and project schedules
- Two years test-development or item-writing experience
- Native-like fluency in English
- Previous experience and familiarity with the ILR scale
- Willingness to learn to use and work with new computer programs
Interested parties should respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with their resume or CV. Please note that this is a consulting position.