The Language Program Office is a member of the International Division, serving communities engaged in learning, teaching, and researching Less Commonly Taught Languages. The LPO is the home of the Wisconsin Intensive Summer Language Institutes (WISLI); Project GO at UW-Madison; the American Institute of Pakistan Studies (AIPS); the Regional Flagship Languages Initiatives (RFLI) for Hindi, Indonesian, Turkish, and Urdu; and the RFLI Culture Initiatives grant. LPO is currently seeking 2 Program Coordinators to work across WISLI programs, which currently include the following, and may expand to include others:
– APTLI (Arabic, Persian, and Turkish Language Institute)
– CESSI (Central Eurasian Studies Summer Institute)
– MULTI (Intensive Summer Multilanguage Seminar)
– SASLI (South Asia Summer Language Institute)
– SEASSI (Southeast Asian Studies Summer Institute)
– SIPI (Summer Intensive Portuguese Institute)
The WISLI Program Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating all activities related to the preparation for and delivery of one or more WISLI programs and will be cross trained to help coordinate other WISLI programs along with other WISLI staff.
This is a full-time position. A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred. Find more information and application materials here.