The Pushkin Summer Institute is seeking a residential counselor for Summer 2022. Residential counselors will live in Dejope Hall with program participants for the duration of the PSI program (19 June – 23 July 2022; counselors move in 18 June 2022). Responsibilities will include planning and implementing evening and weekend activities for program participants, and organizing and leading evening study sessions on Russian language.
- Be currently enrolled UW-Madison students in good academic standing, with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Have completed First-Year Russian (101 & 102) or the equivalent, and have a GPA in Russian courses of at least 3.5
- Be energetic, organized, and highly dependable
- Possess a high level of patience and ability to provide good-natured authority
- Possess leadership skills and an ability to work with groups, particularly youth
- Understand the needs of students of color and first-generation college students, and be familiar with the available campus resources
- Participate in job training and Red Cross certification
- Be available for a mandatory pre-program training session (June 17-18, 2022).
- Be enrolled as a student (at UW-Madison or another institution) in either the Summer 2022 or Fall 2022 semester.
Further information and application materials can be found here.