Georgetown’s Center for Eurasian, Russian and East European Studies (CERES) in the Walsh School of Foreign Service houses one of the nation’s preeminent Master’s degree programs and hosts a rich program of events on the region.
The Director of Academic Programs is responsible for all academic advising, academic program development and recruiting activities in CERES. They manage CERES admissions and recruitment, coordinate with the CERES Director and CERES faculty in program and curriculum development, and develop outreach activities related to alumni and other stakeholder groups.
Reporting to the Director of CERES, the Director of Academic Programs works closely with the faculty, staff and students of the Center, with other SFS and University offices, and with a wide array of external audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree – Master’s degree preferred
- 3 to 5 years of experience in academic administration, including curricular and advising responsibilities or direct experience advising undergraduate or graduate students
- Experience in program administration related to Russian and East European Studies and regional language proficiency strongly preferred.
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Commitment to respond quickly to inquiries
Further information and application materials here.