Job Opportunity: Study Abroad Advisor

International Academic Programs (IAP) at UW-Madison is looking for a CALS Study Abroad Advisor. A Master’s or other advanced degree in a relevant field required. Study abroad, international degree study, international living experience, or internationally focused degree required.

The Study Abroad Advisor is housed within the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences (CALS) Office of Academic Affairs and provides study abroad related services to CALS students as well as students outside of CALS who are pursuing the undergraduate Certificate in Global Health. CALS currently administers approximately 20 short-term faculty led field studies, 10 exchange programs and 5 research programs.

The individual in this role will work closely with the CALS Study Abroad team and with UW’s office of International Academic Programs (IAP), with which CALS has a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU). The core philosophy of the MOU is for IAP to oversee program aspects that are independent of disciplinary area (e.g., compliance with campus-wide academic regulations, budget policies, bill payment, and safety protocols) and for CALS Study Abroad to oversee program aspects that are unique to the college and its academic specialty areas (e.g., managing and developing relationships, curricula, and recruiting specific to CALS disciplines). The full details of this partnership are outlined in the MOU and will be made available to finalists for the position.

Find out more here, and apply by March 10, 2017, 11:55 PM.