The Ukrainian Research Institute at Harvard University is currently accepting applications for the full-time position of Publications Manager. The individual holding this position will manage all aspects of the Institute’s operations involved in the production and distribution of its monographs series, source materials, the journal Harvard Ukrainian Studies, and other related publications.
Duties And Responsibilities include: Full scope supervision and management of publications staff including the management of their workflow; oversight of the efforts of outside service providers; determination of production timelines and priorities; editing manuscripts submitted for publication and interacting with the authors; oversight of the publications operations’ budget; working with the Institute’s editorial board to establish publishing policies/practices as well as working with the editorial board to review and accept manuscripts for publication; acting as the contact between authors, referees, editors, and co-publishers; handling copyrights, permissions, and royalties; acting as principal contact and source of information for outside vendors, printers, designers, and editors; monitoring publisher-author agreements; compiling, writing, and editing reports relating to Institute publications operations; and performing other related duties as required.
- Master’s degree in the Arts and Humanities with extensive knowledge of Slavic history and literature;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Two plus years related experience in a commercial publishing house or academic press editing and acquiring books or academic journals;
- Experience with direct supervision and management of staff;
- Demonstrated copy-editing and proofing skills, including familiarity the Chicago Manual of Style desirable
- Experience with book production, publication finances, and inventory control; and
- Proficiency with Macintosh and PC publications software.
Applications due October 31, 2017. Click here to apply.