The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) seeks a Program Assistant who will work with its Central and Eastern Europe team to support country staff, program managers, and the regional director in the day-to-day activities and support in the planning, designing and implementing programs related to strengthening political parties, civic organizations, election bodies, local government and legislatures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under close supervision of a program officer, program manager or other individual in authority within the team provides administrative and logistical support
- Under close supervision and direction, contributes to writing and reporting of various documents specific to the team and/or region.
- Under close supervision, creates initial drafts of budgets; and monitors program budgets
- Participates in program support and conducts research on programs
- Trains and supervises interns on tasks
- Provides administrative support for proposal production and work plan formulation; takes part in strategic and work plan discussions
- Attends meetings and keeps up to date on the latest information on team, region, or partners
- Monitors political events in assigned countries and provides written and oral updates to senior staff as needed.
Please see the posting website for more details and how to apply.