The UW–Madison International Projects Office (IPO) in the International Division is hiring a Project Assistant (PA) for the 2018–2019 academic year and summer 2019. This position will start on September 4, 2018. This is a 50% PA position and is open to all current UW–Madison graduate students. The monthly stipend will be approximately $1,869.
Project Description: IPO facilitates international institutional collaboration and capacity-building between UW–Madison and different higher education institutions abroad. Since 2010, UW–Madison has had a partnership with Nazarbayev University (NU) in Astana, Kazakhstan. The focus of this Partnership is on the delivery of services in the areas of faculty professional development, language instruction and support, student affairs and collaboration with faculty and staff in NU’s School of Humanities and Social Sciences and the capacity building within the institution’s general administrative support units.
Under the supervision of IPO’s director, and in collaboration with other Office staff and the numerous UW faculty/staff who participate in the NU partnership, the PA will:
- Edit various documents and reports (copy and technical editing);
- Provide administrative support including: scheduling meetings, taking meeting notes, preparing documents, organizing files, and developing visitor itineraries;
- Assist in the coordination of site visits to Madison by NU faculty/ staff as well as other partners as needed;
- Contribute to ongoing grant and project development by providing research support;
- Providing communications support for the IPO website;
- Other activities in support of the office’s ongoing work as requested.
The successful applicant will have:
- Experience editing projects and reports;
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office;
- Demonstrated administrative/office experience;
- Familiarity with WordPress and maintaining a website;
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and organizational skills.
The applicant should feel comfortable working both as a team to meet various deadlines and independently. Experience with or understanding of international higher education as a field and familiarity with the Eurasia region is preferred (but not required).
Please send a letter of interest, CV, one letter of recommendation (from a UW faculty/staff member), and a list of 3 additional references by April 30, 2018 to Dr. Elise Ahn at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
View original job posting here.