Under the close supervision of the Director of International Faculty and Staff Services (IFSS), the immigration specialist fuctions as a human resource professional responsible for recommending, preparing, and filing H-1B Temporary Worker petitions on behalf of all UW System campuses excluding UW-Milwaukee. The incumbent serves as a liaison between the Campuses and the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL); U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS); Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S. Department of State (DOS), and will respond to their requests for information. The incumbent will also prepare and file Permanent Residence applications (PR) as well as other types of non-immigrant petitions for the Campuses as permitted by law.
This position requires knowledge of the UW System’s internal policies and procedures, as well as cross-cultural sensitivity. This position has contact with a number of campus customers and personnel from a variety of federal and state agencies.
Knowledge and Skills
1. Knowledge of U.S. immigration laws, USCIS, DHS, DOL, and DOS regulations.
2. Excellent organizational skills, must be able to prioritize.
3. Ability to work with very detailed information.
4. Ability to work under pressure.
5. Ability to handle severe time constraints.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
7. Ability to work with a wide variety of constituents including Federal government agency officials, campus and dean’s office personnel, and with campus clients.
8. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
9. Knowledge of cross-cultural sensitivity.
To apply, visit the Jobs at UW website.