Past lectures are available to stream on the CREECA Podcast.
- This event has passed.
Harvest Folk Festival
October 8, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Join us between noon and 6pm on Saturday, October 8 to celebrate an abundant and diverse harvest! We’ll have live music, dancing, and storytelling alongside opportunities to learn about different harvest traditions from Dejope (Madison) and around the world. Free and open to the public!
The harvest festival’s song, dance, and food celebrates the ongoing Kitchen Garden project which has been highlighting the crops, cuisines, and cultures of our African American, Indigenous, and Hmong community partners.
- Jessika Greendeer, Ho-Chunk Seedkeeper and Farm Manager at Dream of Wild Health
- Limanya Drum and Dance Ensemble
- Syrena Polish Folk Dance Ensemble (2:45 p.m. and 3:15 p.m.)
- Mai Zong Vue, Hmong Storyteller
- Hmong Heritage Club
- Vidar Skrede, Nordic Fiddler
- Red Thread, Balkan and Eastern European Vocal Trio (5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.)
- Jewop, UW-Madison Acapella Group
The Polish Student Association will be hosting a booth at the Harvest Festival demonstrating Dożynki wheat weaving traditions. The harvest festival also features student research that focuses on the important of harvest festivals to communities across the globe.