You can read the full job posting here.
Excellent organizational and communication skills and experience with coordinating logistics. Strong time-management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously by working independently and under the direction of the CREECA associate director and assistant director.
The ideal candidate will have previous coursework in the languages and/or area studies of Russia, East Europe, and/or Central Asia.
- For the weekly CREECA lecture series, the selected candidate will coordinate logistics with guest speakers, including travel and accomodations; organize and troubleshoot technology used to carry out in-person and virtual lectures; and promote the talks on the CREECA website and social media.
- Compose weekly CREECA events and announcement e-newsletter (on Eloqua).
- Assist with updates to the CREECA Website (running WordPress) and social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Collaborate with other CREECA staff members to facilitate and promote Center events and activities (beyond the weekly lecture series).
- Assist with data gathering and data management for grant proposals and reports.
- Perform other clerical/office tasks (responding to emails, filing of electronic documents, etc.) at the discretion of the CREECA associate director and assistant director.
- Assist in creating office Standards of Procedure (SOPs).
For additional information and to submit an application by August 13, follow this link: https://studentjobs.hr.wisc.edu/cw/en-us/job/499168/creeca-events-coordinator-and-office-assistant