Call for Applications: Virtual Open Research Laboratory at Illinois
The Russian, East European, and Eurasian Center and the Slavic Reference Service at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign are pleased to announce a Call for Applications to its Spring 2021 Virtual Open Research Laboratory (VORL) Program. The program will take place January 25 – May 5, 2021. Funded in part by the U.S. Department of State’s Title VIII Program, the VORL Program provides research stipends and long-distance library support for specialists conducting research on all aspects of Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies.
The program is open to a wide range of researchers, including advanced graduate students, postdoctoral scholars, faculty, independent scholars, professionals in government and nongovernmental organizations as well as library science.
The priority application deadline is December 9, 2020.
Those applicants who are U.S. citizens and whose research holds relevance for U.S. foreign policy may also apply for U.S. Department of State Title VIII grants to support their research.
Awarded on a competitive basis, VORL support will include:
- Designation as a REEEC Virtual Open Research Laboratory Associate
- A personalized bibliographical session with the Slavic Reference Service through Zoom
- Virtual research support for general queries throughout the year
- Access to digital and database collections of our Library for an extended period
- A free of charge duplication service from University of Illinois Library materials, restricted to 15 pages per request and subject to copyright restrictions
- A research stipend of a minimum of $500 through the U.S. Department of State Title VIII Program (restricted to U.S. citizens)
For more information and to apply, please click here.