The English Resource Center Coordinator (Coordinator) is part of a team that delivers the English Resource Center project, funded for two years by the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy in Dushanbe. Based at Bokhtar State University, the Coordinator is responsible for day-to-day management of the English Resource Center, which will expand English teachers’ access to culturally appropriate English language teaching materials that employ modern English language teaching pedagogy and technology; and improve teacher teachers’ skills and ability to adapt their own curriculum to incorporate concepts and materials from the English Resource Center.
The position reports to American Councils’ Executive Director, Tajikistan. The Coordinator will work closely with the English Language Fellow (ELF) to provide services to English language faculty at Bokhtar State University.
The Coordinator performs duties with a high degree of accuracy and timeliness, while maintaining open communication with the team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to faculty users throughout the day;
- Orient faculty to the equipment and resources available and provide training and assistance in using online resources;
- Scheduling training sessions with the ELF and informing Pedagogical Institute faculty about training dates and time;
- Collect data from Center users, and gather user feedback through focused group discussions with stakeholders (teachers, students, school administrators, and others), and, as coordinated with the ELF, support English language classroom observation;
- Liaise with the university on issues such as electricity, access to the Center, security and other issues for which the university takes responsibility in the Memorandum of Understanding on the Program:
- Ensure that computer and other equipment and materials in the Resource Center are in good working order, are catalogued and easily accessible;
- Draft performance reports on the Program;
- Report on Center activities on social media;
- Develop and maintain data collection instruments such as guest books for feedback, faculty membership forms to register new visitors, membership punch cards to encourage return visits;
- Other duties as assigned.