The Department of German and Russian at Bates College is seeking candidates for the position of Tutoring Consultant in Russian for the Winter 2021 semester.
- Scheduling individual and group tutoring sessions with students on Zoom during weekly office hours;
- Working with individual students and small groups of students in the Russian language courses in Winter 2021 (all levels) to further practice reading, writing, grammar, and pronunciation, to help them understand key language concepts learned in the classroom, and to discuss in-class assignments and texts;
- Assisting students with homework, course projects, preparation for tests, papers, and other academic tasks;
- Collaborating with the faculty/supervisor to determine student needs, develop tutoring plans, and assess student progress;
- Meeting with the faculty/supervisor regularly to discuss the curriculum of the Russian courses.
- B.A. in Russian or equivalent;
- Advanced-level fluency in Russian;
- Experience tutoring and/or working with Russian language learners, preferably in a remote learning setting.
The position includes 15h/week of work between February 17 and May 25, 2021 (up to 200 hours in total) in a remote learning setting. Because of the funding restrictions, we are looking for candidates residing in Maine, Washington, Colorado, Missouri, and Mississippi only (or being able to move to Maine for the duration of the employment). Consultants must have work authorization in the US.
Please submit your CV/resume and cover letter to Jakub Kazecki (email@example.com) by January 4, 2021.