Given recent conversations in the field and ACTR’s statement concerning systemic racism and police brutality in the United States, the Russian Language Journal is dedicating a special issue to the topic of diversity, equity, access, and inclusion. We invite submissions that address any aspect of DEAI in language study, instruction, and/or curriculum, including, but not limited to:
• The implementation of critical pedagogies in K-16 language classrooms
• Developing community engagement initiatives in the language classroom that promote equity and social justice
• Redesigning curricula and language learning materials to promote learner identity and self-representation
• Language ideology and public policy at the local and national level
• Analysis of public discourse related to issues of race, gender, LGTBQ+, and marginalized ethnic communities in Russian-speaking countries
• Methods of teaching, training, and mentoring graduate students and language instructors in addressing inequity and promoting inclusivity
• Study abroad programming for students from underrepresented populations
To be considered for the special issue, please submit a 500- to 750-word abstract that outlines the article’s focus and its methodological approach by Dec. 15, 2020. The authors will be contacted in early January on the status of their submission. Authors of selected abstracts should send their completed manuscript by April 1, 2021. All articles go through a double-blind review prior to acceptance.
As an open CFP, we invite scholars from all backgrounds to submit proposals. This special issue of RLJ is curated by Colleen Lucey (Assistant Professor, University of Arizona) in coordination with editor Jennifer Bown (Professor, Brigham Young University).
Authors should prepare their manuscript according to the Style Guidelines available at the end of this issue or at rlj.americancouncils.org. All papers will be peer-reviewed following the Russian Language Journal’s guidelines. Submissions and questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.