Andy Spencer, UW-Madison Distinguished Bibliographer for Slavic, East European, Central Asian, and Middle Eastern Studies, has shared a list of newly-acquired electronic resources and databases related to the CREECA region that may be of interest to the community, especially during this time of working remotely.
The library now has access to several new Eastview digital resources:
- A collection of Russian Islamic Studies periodicals
- Illiustrirovannaia Rossiia Digital Archive
- Slaviane Digital Archive
- Muslims of the Soviet East Digital Archive
- Gudok Digital Archive
In addition, the library has recently acquired the digital Bibliography of the History and Archaeology of Eastern Europe in the Middle Ages.
Finally, the library has received a Library Collections Enhancement Initiative (LCEI) grant which will allow acquisition of five additional Eastview digital archives starting July 1, 2020:
- Nedelia (weekly, 1960-1999)
- Soviet Woman (monthly, 1945-1991)
- Rossiiskaia Gazeta (daily, 1990-2018)
- Ogonek (St. Petersburg, weekly, 1899-1918)
- Pravda Ukrainy (daily, 1938-2014)