CREECA is hiring a new PA to work on CREECA Communications and the NSLI-Y project for Spring and Summer 2020! Interested UW-Madison graduate students should apply through the position’s page on the Student Jobs website.
About the position:
The PA will work under the supervision of the CREECA associate director, Jennifer Tishler. Specifically, the Graduate Project Assistant will have the following responsibilities:
- Research and write stories for CREECA’s monthly e-newsletter
- Design printed flyers and other marketing materials, as well as e-newsletters (experience with MailChimp and knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator preferred)
- Manage CREECA’s social media presence (including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Assist with maintenance and further development of CREECA website (knowledge of WordPress desirable)
- Coordinate all aspects of the application and selection process of candidates from the partner high schools of the Pushkin Summer Institute
- Work with student participants on completing passport and visa applications, scholarship acceptance forms, and other documents and online systems required by NSLI-Y (likeness release forms, eGoals, STEP)
- Make travel arrangements for student participants and resident director, in compliance with UW and Federal travel regulations
- Process financial transactions, in compliance with University and NSLI-Y policies and procedures
- Communicate with American Councils/NSLI-Y on pre-program assessments/OPI testing
- Coordinate with PSI leadership and senior staff on researching and gathering materials for the Pre-Departure Orientation; prepare agenda and materials for PDO
- Maintain communication with Resident Director for duration of overseas program; schedule regular conference calls between Resident Director and PSI staff in Madison
- Assist PSI leadership in preparation of quarterly reports and final reports
Applicants should have excellent organizational and communication skills (written and verbal) and experience with coordinating logistics. They should have strong time-management skills and should be able to handle multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously by working independently and with the CREECA Associate Director. Knowledge of and experience with the following programs is highly desirable: MailChimp, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator; WordPress; standard Microsoft Office programs.
UW-Madison is an Equal Employment, Equal Access Employer committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce.
Please see the page on the Student Jobs website for additional information on the position.Read the full article at: https://studentjobs.hr.wisc.edu/cw/en-us/job/495675/creeca-pushkin-summer-institute-and-communications-pa