The Association for Slavic, East European, and Eurasian Studies invites applications for the 2019-2020 Stephen F. Cohen- Robert C. Tucker Dissertation Fellowship Program in Russian Historical Studies, funded by the KAT Charitable Foundation.
For the 2019-2020 academic year, the Cohen-Tucker Dissertation Fellowship Program will provide:
- up to five Dissertation Research Fellowships, with a maximum stipend of $25,000, to doctoral students at US and Canadian universities, who are citizens or permanent residents of the US, to conduct dissertation research in Russia;
- a Dissertation Completion Fellowship, with a maximum stipend of $25,000, to a doctoral student at a US or Canadian university, who is citizen or permanent resident of the US, to complete their dissertation during the fellowship tenure.
Fellowship Project Scope
For both the Research Fellowship and Dissertation Completion Fellowship:
- The dissertation topic must be in 19th – early 21st century Russian historical studies
- The dissertation topic can be in cultural, economic, intellectual, political, or social historical studies
- The dissertation may be in any discipline
For both the Research Fellowship and Dissertation Completion Fellowship, applicant must:
- be a citizen or permanent resident of the US
- be a doctoral student at a US or Canadian university
- be a student member of ASEEES at the time of the application submission
- have a dissertation research topic that falls within the fellowship project scope (see above), but may be in any discipline
The application deadline is January 21, 2020.
For more detailed information and to apply, click here.