The National Endowment for Democracy (NED), a congressionally funded, private, nonprofit grant making organization that works to support freedom around the world, seeks an Assistant Program Officer on our Eurasia team. This position is based in Washington, D.C.
The Assistant Program Officer (APO) will assist with management, administration, development and expansion of grant programs in Eurasia. In addition, the APO will support existing grantees and develop prospective grantees.
- Assist in the evaluation of project proposals;
- Draft summaries of proposals to present at quarterly board meetings;
- Communicate regularly with existing grantees;
- Assist in monitoring the work of existing grantees;
- Tracking political developments in Eurasia;
- Provide administrative support to the Eurasia Team;
- Travel to the region on a regular basis to identify and work with potential new grantees and existing grantees.
- Bachelor’s degree education in political science, regional studies, international relations, history or other relevant discipline (Master’s degree is preferred);
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications;
- 2+ years of prior experience in democracy related work is required; in-country experience is an advantage.
Candidates must include a cover letter, resume, completed NED employment application, salary history with requirements, and contact information for three professional references. Please send a brief email to email@example.com, with Job #1942 – APO, Eurasia – YOUR NAME in the subject line.
The NED is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, please visit our website at www.ned.org. Please, no phone call inquiries.