American Councils is seeking a motivated, organized professional committed to international education to fill the role of Future Leaders Exchange (FLEX) Program Hub Director in Almaty, Kazakhstan. The FLEX program is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State and provides a life-changing, one-year scholarship exchange opportunity to the US for competitively selected secondary school students from Europe and Eurasia. The Hub Director is responsible for general oversight of the FLEX program.
Primary responsibilities include student recruitment, orientation, and on program support; administrative and financial oversight; liaising with US Embassy, Ministry of Education, and other stakeholders; and management of the in-country alumni program. The Hub Director reports to the Central Asia Regional Director and works in conjunction with Kyiv and Washington-based program managers.
- Program administration experience;
- Supervisory experience in a cross-cultural environment;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build successful relationships;
- Fluent in Kazakh and/or Russian;
- Experience traveling extensively under difficult conditions;
- Experience in reporting and budget management;
- Experience studying in a U.S high school environment required;
- Regional experience preferred
- BA in relevant field (e.g. appropriate area language, or area studies, education, etc.) required; advanced degree preferred;
- Prior experience with the FLEX program preferred.
To apply: visit this link.