The four-month Participant Recruiter position serves as the American Councils program representative in the region and is responsible for all aspects of participant recruitment for secondary school programs including: publicizing competitions; interviewing candidates; conducting prerequisite testing; and associated record keeping and reporting. This position requires extensive travel throughout the region assigned, most likely working in more than one country, with long and non-standard work hours including weekends. The Recruiter must also interact with local governmental and educational officials at all levels in disseminating information about the programs and coordinating the testing process.
This is a great opportunity for recent grads, graduate students or upcoming graduates who are studying the region and have proficiency in a language where they are interested in applying to recruit.
Possible countries include: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, North Macedonia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Senegal, Serbia, Slovakia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Attend initial training conference in August in Ukraine;
- Coordinate recruitment activities to ensure the timely and proper conduct of the competition;
- Interact with local educational authorities;
- Organize and arrange testing locations;
- Organize and participate in meetings with candidates and their parents;
- Program administration experience;
- High proficiency (fluency preferred) in language(s) spoken in one or more of the above countries required;
- Experience with multitasking in a time intensive environment;
- Experience in reporting and budget management;Experience studying in a U.S high school environment required;
- BA in relevant field (e.g. appropriate area language, or area studies, education, etc.) required.
For more information, and to apply, please visit this site