The Melikian Center for Russian Eurasian and East European Studies and its instructional unit, the Critical Languages Institute, are seeking a summer Resident Director for its 2019 summer intensive Russian language program in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. Resident Director will manage a cohort of appx. 40 undergraduate students from US universities studying intensive Elementary-Advanced Russian for 8 weeks.
• Conducts pre-departure orientations with students and study abroad partners
• Conducts on site orientations
• Manage daily student schedules
• Observe classes
• Maintain daily communications with students and local staff/instructors
• Attend excursions and extra-curricular activities
• Monitor student health & safety, attendance, provide conflict resolution
• Submit weekly progress reports & final report
• Serve as a liaison between students, host families and local staff
• Other duties as assigned
Evidence of advanced degree in either area studies or a field related to second language pedagogy and instruction and fluency in Russian. Experience in leading study abroad programs is a plus.
Commensurate with experience and qualifications. This is a short-term non-benefits eligible position, dates are appx. mid-June-mid August with some preparation required in April-May. Must be able to work legally in the US.
To apply, please send a letter of interest and current CV to email@example.com.