Hours: 20 hours/week
Employment Dates: January 2019-August 2019
Application Due By: December 7, 2018.
The Wisconsin Intensive Summer Language Institutes (WISLI) at UW-Madison is seeking a part-time student assistant to manage WISLI’s online presence and provide general administrative support for WISLI. Interest or experience in one or more of the WISLI languages (wisli.wisc.edu) is preferred, but not required. The Wisconsin Summer Language Institutes (WISLI) offers summer intensive and immersion instruction in less commonly taught languages to approximately 200 learners annually through five institutes: APTLII (Arabic, Persian and Turkish Language Immersion Institute), CESSI (Central Eurasian Studies Summer Institute), SASLI (South Asia Summer Language Institute), SEASSI (Southeast Asian Studies Summer Institute and the Summer Intensive Portuguese Institute (SIPI).
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain and update the WISLI website and social media sites; help create new content and post weekly.
- Help develop and create content for WISLI quarterly newsletter.
- Provide logistical and administrative support for WISLI events, meetings, presentations, and conference exhibitions.
- Helping track program data/information and prepare for presentations and reports (e.g., tables and graphics); help update WISLI handbook.
- Managing the WISLI Outlook e-mail and calendar; maintain and update contacts lists.
- Participating in brief weekly check-in meetings with the WISLI Director.
- Other administrative tasks for WISLI as assigned.
For more information or to apply, visit Student Job Center.