The National Endowment for Democracy (NED), a congressionally funded, private, nonprofit grant making organization that works to support freedom around the world, seeks a Program Officer on our Eurasia regional program team. This position is based in Washington, D.C.
The Program Officer will work with the Regional Director, Associate Director, Senior Program Officer and program staff to develop and manage the NED’s Caucasus (Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan) grants portfolio, develop the Endowment’s strategy for Caucasus, set priorities, and monitor and evaluate projects in the region.
- Work as part of a team including supervising junior staff and liaising with Senior Program Officer and Associate Director
- Assess grant proposals to present at quarterly NED Board meetings;
- Travel to the region on a regular basis to identify and work with potential new grantees;
- Monitor and provide programmatic advice and compliance assistance to existing grantees;
- Track political and third sector developments in the region;
- Master’s level education in political science, regional studies, international relations, history or other relevant discipline;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications;
- Fluency in Russian (reading, writing and speaking)
- 5+ years of prior experience in democracy related and nonprofit work.
Candidates must include a cover letter, resume, completed NED employment application, salary history with requirements, and contact information for three professional references. Please send a brief email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Job #1862 – P0, Eurasia – YOUR NAME in the subject line. The NED is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, please visit our website at www.ned.org. Please, no phone call inquiries. www.ned.org/NED-Full-Employment-Application.pdf
For more information or to apply, visit this site.