LMI was founded in 1961 under the Kennedy administration “to bring the best minds to bear on solving our government’s most complex logistics management problems.” Today, we remain committed to partnering with the government to evolve its future-oriented critical missions.
We have operated as an independent, nonprofit venture from the beginning. Structuring LMI in this way eliminates competing priorities, such as shareholder interests, and enables us to focus on the primary objective—the pursuit of high-quality solutions for government agencies
Summary of the position:
Position is on the research staff of a government consulting organization headquartered in McLean, VA. Employment location will be on-site at a Washington, DC based agency. A Secret clearance is required.
Support Government personnel responsible for planning and executing logistics and program support to US Government personnel and organizations operating overseas. Prepare and coordinate memoranda and other written products in support of agency initiatives. Plan, schedule, and report on meetings involving government principals and other officials. When tasked, conduct research and analysis of alternative courses of action and provide written or oral summaries of same. Develop and maintain internal share drive, sharepoint and other knowledge management capabilities to facilitate efficient document storage and retrieval.
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy, international relations, or political science is required; a Masters degree in these or similar fields is highly desirable.
- 1-2 years’ experience in program and executive support in the field of international relations. Government experience is preferred but experience in international program support in the not for profit or university sectors is acceptable.
- Basic knowledge of government and business protocol to include foreign protocols and cultural considerations.
- Ability to organize information and manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
- Strong problem solving, writing, and analytical skills.
For more information or to apply, please visit this site.