The UW-Madison Russian Flagship Program invites applications for Russian-language tutors in the Fall 2018 semester. Tutors provide language instruction to assist highly motivated students in achieving a Superior level of proficiency and professional level of competence in Russian. There are several different types of tutoring in the Russian Flagship, including:
- Small-group tutoring for students at all levels in Russian
- Individual tutoring for students at upper levels in Russian
- Individual tutoring directly linked to a credit-bearing course, with readings and assignments linked to the syllabus of the course, or to a general subject area (Russian Across the Curriculum tutorial)
- Provide Russian Flagship students (including students in First and Second Year Russian) with focused one-on-one or small-group tutoring
- Submit weekly tutoring reports
- Advanced-Mid (minimum) – Superior proficiency in Russian (on the ACTFL scale; see www.actfl.org/files/public/guidelinesspeak.pdf); native or near-native speaker of Russian.
Compensation: $15.44, hour, with compensation for preparation and reporting.
Deadline: August 20, 2018
For more information or to apply, visit the Student Job Center posting.