The Faculty of Journalism at al-Farabi Kazakh National University (KazNU) in Almaty, Kazakhstan, is accepting applications for three one year Visiting Professorships from 1 September 2018 to 1 June 2019. Visiting Professors will work with a host professor at KazNU to conduct joint research and write joint publications. Visiting Professors will also be involved in teaching activity.
The working language of the appointee is English.
– Conduct research at KazNU;
– Participate in joint research projects with the host professor;
– Prepare and submit at least one joint application with the host professor and / or faculty at KazNU to participate in an international research project(s);
– Prepare and submit for publication with the host professor at least one journal article per semester in a ranked journal. The journal should have an SJR of no lower than 0.5 in the Scopus database. These articles must indicate affiliation to KazNU;
– Prepare and submit for publication at least two journal articles in English per semester in a local journal such as KazNU’s “Vestnik”. These articles must indicate affiliation to a non-Kazakh university that the Visiting Professor previously worked at;
– Teach a special course for undergraduates and PhD students in English (one special course per semester);
– Conduct a scientific workshop on research methods and advise doctoral students on contemporary research methods;
– Other tasks related to research as may arise.
What we can offer you
KazNU undertakes to provide the following:
– A salary in accordance with the established standards (US$1,500-$2,000 per month);
– Accommodation in accordance with the established standards
– Visa support (if necessary);
– Funds for airfare economy class round-trip;
– Access to KazNU’s facilities, research equipment, library resources, and other resources necessary for research;
– Monetary rewards to the Visiting Professor and their co-authors for each additional publication indicating affiliation KazNU in ranked journals included in the Scopus and / or Web of Science Core Collection database.
– A specialist in one of the following areas: Mass Communication, Journalism, International Journalism, PR, Media Design;
– Already working as an international scientific adviser to a PhD student in the Faculty or prepared to take on this role (which would last for the duration of the PhD student’s program);
– At least one article published in the Scopus database over the last 5 years;
– An h-index of at least 5 in the Scopus database.
How to apply
Please submit a motivation letter and CV by email to Professor Karlyga Myssayeva by 15th July 2018 (email@example.com).