American Councils is currently accepting applications for a Resident Director position based in Almaty, Kazakhstan. This is an excellent opportunity for a driven and passionate leader to assist U.S. college students in navigating the academic and cultural landscape of Kazakhstan while participating on a summer, semester, or academic year language immersion program.
The Almaty Resident Director serves as the American Councils representative and in-country Program Director for participants on the Advanced Russian Language and Area Studies Program (RLASP), hosted by Al-Farabi Kazakh National University. The Resident Director is available to program participants on a daily basis; observes student classes and meets regularly with teachers, administrators, and students; oversees student housing; and arranges group travel and cultural programs. The Resident Director is available to participants during any emergencies that arise and communicates regularly with the AC Study Abroad program staff in Washington, DC.
Employment dates: August 2018-2019, with possible reappointment.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Russian language or area studies, or equivalent;
- Advanced Russian language skills — written and oral (minimum Advanced Mid/High on ACTFL scale);
- Study, work, or extensive travel experience in Kazakhstan or Russia;
- Experience overseeing and guiding groups;
- Experience working in a position of authority with high school, undergraduate, or graduate students preferable;
To apply or for more information, please visit the posting website.