This position is located in the Kennan Institute (KI) at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars (Wilson Center). The Wilson Center was established by an Act of Congress in 1968 as the national, living memorial honoring President Woodrow Wilson. The Center provides a non-partisan policy forum for tackling issues through independent research and open dialogue that seeks to inform actionable ideas for the policy community and the public at large. It offers a bridge between the world and Washington and between critical ideas and policy practice. Most of the Center’s outreach efforts take place within the Center itself, but some of the activities take place in the region.
- Provides administrative support to Director, Deputy Director, and staff of the Kennan Institute.
- Prepares and edits various correspondences for proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Arranges travel and hotel accommodations for staff members and participants in the Institute’s activities; completes appropriate travel authorizations, travel vouchers, purchase orders, petty cash, and other accounting-related paperwork.
- Prepares and organizes Kennan Institute public events; responsible for set-up, microphones, and all other logistical matters.
- Organizes multi-day conferences including travel logistics, catering, supplies, creating and formatting agendas and program materials, and coordinating staff and attendees.
- Assists with scholar administration including organizing scholar competitions, onboarding procedure, management of internal scholar seminar schedule, visa support, and scholar list.
- Assists with outreach, including communications by phone, e-mail, webpages, and social media.
- Maintains and edits the Kennan Institute blogs.
- Answers phones and office-wide email to provide information related to program activities.
- Applicants must have at least one full-time year (12-months) of specialized experience at, or equivalent to, the Grade 5 grade level in the Federal service providing administrative support functions including arranging travel and hotel accommodations, completing purchase orders, and drafting and proofreading correspondence for correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling in English and Russian.
For more information and to apply, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496633800