The Research Assistant provides research and administrative support for the Vice President and Director of Foreign Policy at Brookings (FP) in Washington, DC, and to other scholars in the Project on International Order and Strategy (IOS) as directed. The scope of research includes U.S. and multilateral diplomacy and strategy, burden-sharing among allies and partners, international order, geopolitics, and the role of the United States in the world. The Research Assistant also provides administrative support to the Vice President and Director of Foreign Policy, and other scholars, to include helping manage schedules, organize travel and events, and other tasks.
- Research Support (60%)
- Administrative Support (40%)
- Deep demonstrable background in, and understanding of, international affairs; superior qualitative research skills with strong proofreading /editing skills; and excellent organizational and communication skills are required
- Bachelor’s degree is required; focus on international affairs, political science, history, or related area – with emphasis on U.S. foreign policy and international security issues – is preferred.
- Minimum one year of relevant professional work experience is required; exposure to multilateral organizations is preferred.
- A record of research and writing, event planning, and project coordination is preferred.
- Successful completion of a background investigation.
To apply and for more information, click here.