This position is located in the Kennan Institute at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, the the premier US national center for advanced research on Russia and Eurasia.
- As primary assistant to the Director and Deputy Director of the Kennan Institute, serves as administrative liaison for the office in carrying out Russian-related events or programs. Acts as liaison between the office of the Director and other Wilson Center offices and personnel, and centralizes the dissemination of information among Kennan Institute staff.
- Responsible for all external communication from the office of the Director, including rapid response and coordination with media outlets, and precise, professional outreach, and communication with high-level foreign contacts.
- Accompanies the Director to external meetings as necessary; prepares briefing and/or outreach materials, logistic arrangements, and follow up correspondence. Manages the calendar, travel, correspondence, and financial responsibilities.
- Assists with the development, planning, and execution of events.
- Assists with recruitment and provides orientation for staff interns throughout the year.
- Uses word processing software to produce and edit a variety of documents; maintains and revises the office filing system, including paper and electronic.
- Collects program information from Kennan staff to convey to Program Director.
- Assists Program Director and designated DC staff in managing administrative workflow in Kennan’s Washington, Russia, and Ukraine operations.
- Assists with outreach, including communications by phone, e-mail, webpages, social media, and various writing and editing tasks.
- Responsible for all external communication from the office of the Director, including rapid response and coordination with media outlets, and precise, professional outreach and communication with high-level contacts.
Open to US citizens and nationals; Russian language skills highly desirable. For more information and to apply, click here. Deadline: September 27, 2017
Please note that while this is not a federal position, you still must apply through USAJOBs.