The American Center for Mongolian Studies (ACMS) seeks an entrepreneurial Executive Director who can lead the development of new programs and projects to support the organization’s mission to further academic studies and exchanges with Mongolia and Inner Asia.
The Executive Director is responsible for leading strategic planning and oversight of the programmatic and financial activities of the organization. The Executive Director will ideally be located in North America (with the potential to be based at University of Pennsylvania), and have experience working with government and non-government funders, including the US Government, foundations and individuals, to develop new programs and resources through grant writing and fundraising. The Executive Director will oversee the development and implementation of an annual budget and ensure that all reporting requirements are met. The Executive Director will report to the Board of Directors, and oversee the Resident Director located in Mongolia and any North American staff members. The Executive Director will assist with membership outreach and the development and implementation of ACMS and partner programs in close cooperation with the ACMS Ulaanbaatar office.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Experience as a leader in a non-profit or educational organization.
- Experience and demonstrated success with grant writing, program development and program implementation.
- Experience developing and implementing a fundraising campaign.
- Experience developing and overseeing budgets, financial reporting and the administrative aspects of running a non-profit organization.
- Experience working with a higher education institution or associated organization.
- An appropriate academic degree.
Ideal starting date: July 1, 2017. Work location and terms will be determined on an individual basis. There is a potential to be based at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia where the ACMS currently maintains its US office.
Applications, nominations and inquiries should be sent to: ACMSEDSEARCH@mongoliacenter.org.
For more information, please see the job posting on the ACMS website.