The Project Assistant is responsible for providing program and administrative support for CIPE’s programs in Central Asia. This is an hourly position with an expected 20-30 hour work week as required by program activities.
- Assist the Program Officer, Eurasia and Assistant Program Officer, Eurasia in writing and compiling narrative and financial reports, proposals, contracts and budgets, as well as conducting background research as needed.
- Communicate with partners to assist in the implementation of CIPE programs in Central Asia, including facilitating events, activities and meeting logistics.
- Create and maintain program, financial, correspondence and contract files, both in paper form and electronically.
- Prepare routine correspondence between CIPE headquarters and partners.
- Working in close collaboration with the Eurasia/South Asia Department Program Assistant, ensure processing of payment requests, field office liquidations, travel expense reports, documents for signature, and international travel arrangements.
- Adhere to appropriate office procedures, CIPE and donor organization policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- Education and professional background in international affairs and/or Eurasia area studies, with an emphasis on political and economic issues preferred.
- Fluent (professional-level) speaking, writing and reading Russian language skills are required.
- Strong English language writing skills, as evidenced by writing samples (see below).
- At least one year of administrative office experience, particularly in supporting international programs.
- Ability to handle multiple, detail-oriented tasks simultaneously with limited supervision.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills; team orientation.
- Computer skills, proficiency in MS-Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook. Internet research skills are highly desired.
To apply for this opportunity, please send a resume or CV and cover letter, writing sample and salary history to email@example.com; subject “EURPTA [YOURLASTNAME]”. Applications will be accepted and interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls.
For more details, visit their website (click +EXPAND on “Part-time/Temporary Project Assistant, Eurasia”)