KIMEP University, Central Asia’s leading business school in Kazakhstan, is currently searching for a Communications Officer in the President’s Office. This position will involve acting as a communications liaison between the President of KIMEP University and various stakeholders within the university and externally. Compensation will be competitive. Effective start date for qualified applicants is as soon as possible.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Act as a link between the President’s Office and other departments to ensure that the internal communications of the Office of the President and these units function efficiently and effectively;
- Write external official correspondence for the President;
- Write speeches and public statements for the President;
- Prepare communication materials for University-wide announcements;
- In collaboration with marketing department, create effective advertising materials for international media;
- Coordinate the president’s student engagement initiatives, working collaboratively with the student government;
- Coordinate or support the organization of events at the request of the President;
- Take minutes at the meetings at the President’s Cabinet. Ensure that the minutes are signed by all members. Organize and maintain the files containing these minutes;
- Work collaboratively with other members of the President’s Office;
- Share supervisory responsibilities for student assistants in the Office of the President;
- Undertake other projects and assignments at the request of the President or his representative.
Minimum Qualifications: A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from a western-model higher education institution; 1 year experience of western-model higher education institution management skills; ability to effectively work with people from all backgrounds and nationalities; expertise across the Windows Office suite at minimum; native level fluency in English language; working knowledge of Russian.
Preferred Qualifications: A master degree in a relevant field from a western higher education institution; fluency in Russian and/or Kazakh languages. 1 year experience of western-model higher education institution management skills.
Interested applicants can send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.