National Endowment for Democracy (NED)
The National Endowment for Democracy (NED), a Congressionally-funded, private, nonprofit grant making organization that works to support democracy around the world, seeks an Assistant Program Officer for Europe. This position is based in Washington, D.C.
The Assistant Program Officer will assist senior staff with management, administration, and development of regional grant programs in Central and Southeastern Europe, with emphasis on the Western Balkans. Support existing grantees and assist in developing prospective grantees.
· Assist in the evaluation of project proposals;
· Draft summaries of proposals to present at quarterly Board meetings;
· Communicate regularly with current grantees and applicants;
· Assist in monitoring the work of existing grantees;
· Track political developments in Central and Southeastern Europe;
· Provide administrative support to the Europe Team, as needed;
· Help to organize events highlighting specific democracy-related issues;
· Assist in travel to identify and work with potential new and existing grantees.
Please see the posting website for more details and how to apply.