The Assistant to the Director for the Center for Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies will assist the Director by teaching courses in REES, organizing events, assisting with grant writing, and office administration.
The successful candidate must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins.
20% -Teach in REES-related curriculum
15%-Center Events – Organization of conferences and special events
10% -Grant writing/Reporting
10% -Visitors. – Assist long- and short-term visiting scholars and lecturers
25% -Office Tasks/administration
15% -Brown Bag/Kino/Laird Essay Contest. – Organizing weekly Brown Bag talks and monthly movie presentations.
5% -Connections with the public
Evaluation of the following requirements will be made through (1) descriptions of work experience and educational experiences in letter of application, (2) record of accomplishments and productivity addressed in resume, and (3) information provided from professional references:
1. Master’s degree in a Humanities or Social Science discipline with specialization in Russian and East European Studies.
2. Evidence of skill in one or more Slavic languages.
3. One or more years of administrative experience.
4. Strong written communication skills.
5. Experience that demonstrates organizational skills.
6. Past experience managing multiple projects.
For more details and to apply, click here.